About Melkisedeck Leon Shine
My name is Melkisedeck Leon Shine. I am Community Development expert, Project Manager, Researcher and Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning expert holding Master of Project Management & Evaluation and Bachelor of Rural Development with experience of 7 (seven) years. I am;
- Professional Project manager
- Monitoring and Evaluation expert who value feedback and information flow
- An activist at AckySHINE Charity which is his Private Program
- Part time consultant at AckySHINE Consultant
- An Author at Tanzania Social Development Guide
- Community development expert who believe in community development with community, by community and for the community
I have been working in various activities including; research and project programing, project planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and in research & evaluation design as well as coordination.
I have also worked in gender mainstreaming, community mobilization, resources management, entrepreneurship development, agriculture extension and other activities related with community development.
Sokoine University of Agriculture
Master of Project Management and Evaluation
Courses: Project Planning and Appraisal, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistical Methods for Project Management, Development Planning, Project Financing, Gender and Development, Political Economy of Rural Development, Social Science research Methodology, Research Innovations and Commercialization, Demography and Development, Natural Resources and environmental Management, Budgeting and Accounting for Project Managers, Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, Managing Development Projects, and Impact Evaluations.
Sokoine University of Agriculture
Bachelor of Rural Development
Courses: Development Planning, Project Designing, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Science Research Methodology, Training and Facilitation, Poverty and Policy Analysis, Human resources management and administration, Gender and Development, Democracy and Governance, International Relation and Cooperation, Public policy, Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Finance, Agriculture marketing, Cooperative Management, Agriculture extension, Computer applications, Entrepreneurship, Human Nutrition and other courses relating with Community Development.
Ordinary Level Certificate
Subjects: Agricultural Science, Basic Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Language, Kiswahili, Geography, History & Civics.
Advance Level Certificate
Galanos Agricultural School
Subjects: Science and practice of Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, Basic Applied Mathematics & General Studies
Skills and Competencies
Inter and Intra organization coordination and management, Planning and allocation of resources, Resources management and coordination,
Project/program Planning and Implementation
Logical framework analysis, Project cycle application, Project programming (policy analysis), Proposal development, Activities planning and scheduling, coordination of project implementation and M&E system
Monitoring and Evaluation
M&E system designing and coordination, M&E indicators development and use, M&E tools design and use, Feedback/Communication management
Problem analysis, Literature review, Research design, Data collection and analysis, Report writing and presentation
Poverty and Policy Analysis, Community mobilization, Gender analysis and mainstreaming, Natural resources management, Conflict management, Training and facilitation, Entrepreneurship development, Agriculture extension
Word processing, Spreadsheet (Excel), MS Office Power Point, Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS), Web Design.
Professional Working Experience
1. Freelance Community Development Expert, Morogoro, Tanzania, 2014 to date
Descriptions: Provide consultation services in; Research, Project Management Monitoring and Evaluation, Literature review, Agriculture entrepreneurship, Youth coaching and counseling and Web design as well as Development. Website https://consultant.ackyshine.com)
- Provision of technical support in research, project planning, implementation, monitoring as well as evaluation, community development issues, entrepreneurship development and agriculture development
- Managing work team and coordinate consultation activities
- Coordinate and cooperate with clients in planning and execution of consultation activities
- Conduct intensive literature review, design research methodology, prepare data collection tools, coordinate data collection process, report writing and presentation
- Author at Tanzania Social Development Guide (https://development.ackyshine.com)
- Established a productivity team and delegated operational tasks to team members and hence increased effectiveness of activities
- Addressed different client needs such as planning, monitoring and evaluation, proposal designing, literature review, data analysis and organization, report writing and research as well as business plan development, entrepreneurship development and agriculture development.
2. Township Executive Officer (TEO) Assistant, Mkuu Township Authority, 2016
Descriptions: Volunteering --- Mkuu Township Authority Executive Officer’s office
- Monitor social services including schools, health centers, electricity and water supply
- Gather information about provision of social services and analyze/discuss it with responsible personnel
- Prepare as well as chairing meetings and present reports to different committees
- Organizing feedback and communicate areas for improvement to specific stakeholders
- Participate in community development training, workshops and researches
- Monitored social services provision, making follow-up and provision of recommendations for improvement of services
- Increased effectiveness and simplify Township Executive Office tasks by 70%
- Gained trust by Township Executive Officer and appointed as his representative in different managerial responsibilities outside the office
3. Ward Executive Officer Assistant, Rombo District Council , 2015
Descriptions: Internship --- Makiidi Ward Executive Officer’s office
- Participate in monitoring of social services and in Conflicts management.
- Assist Ward Executive officer in coordination community development activities
- Monitored social services within ward and suggested areas for improvement.
4. Community Activist, AckySHINE Charity, 2011 to date
Descriptions: Community Activist at AckySHINE Charity which is a Personal Program aiming to promote peace, protect environment, induce community and personal development. AckySHINE Charity Website: https://charity.ackyshine.com
- Planning, designing and publishing different campaign about peace, Environment protection, Community development and personal development
- Monitoring of campaign and receiving feedback for improvement
- Conducted different campaign about Peace, Environment protection, Community development and Personal development
- Reached more than 2100 people monthly
Research and Field Working Experience
1. Data Processing Specialist, Morogoro , 2013 to date – Part time
Descriptions: As data analysis specialist, I have carried out several quantitative and qualitative data analysis assignments using SPSS and Content analysis
- Data clearing, coding and entry
- Data analysis and data presentation
- For each assignment I managed to create organized data packages with clear information required for report writing and future references.
2. Researcher, Mvomero District and Rombo District, 2015 to 2019
Descriptions: As an Independent researcher, I have conducted various researches in different community development issues
- Concept and Proposal development
- Data collection, coding entry and analysis
- Report writing and presentation
Successfully conducted different research including studies titled;
- Factors behind differential outcomes from implementation of Land Use Plan in Mvomero District - 2019
- Changing of gender roles and relations at household level: A case of Rombo District – 2016
3. Research Assistant, Different researches, 2014 to date – Part time
Descriptions: I have participated in more than 25 studies in which I perform specific tasks including; Literature review, Research design, Data collection, Data entry as well as analysis and Report writing as well as presentation.
- Concept and Proposal development
- Data collection, coding, clearing, entry as well as analysis and Report writing
- I work together effectively with research teams and managed to conduct different studies in various topics including; health based researches, education curriculum, gender, agriculture, children, youth and teenagers, land use management, Income generating activities, women and development, HIV/AIDS and other research areas.
4. Project Monitoring and Evaluator Expert, Morogoro, 2017 to date – Part time
Descriptions: Participated in evaluation of different projects as external evaluator in evaluation team and as team leader
- Inception report development and development of Evaluation Methodology
- Data collection, coding, entry, analysis and Report writing
- Applied theoretical knowledge on monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Managed to asses M&E system and develop required Evaluation methodology.
- Evaluated project and come up with a useful recommendations for implementers
5. Social Impact Assessment (SIA) – Team leader, Morogoro, 2018
Descriptions: Social Impact Assessment (SIA) of, Abattoir Construction Project
- Leading SIA team and Managing SIA tasks
- Developing SIA Methodology
- Data collection, Data analysis and Report writing
Key Achievements and Career Progression:
- Succeeded to coordinate and manage Social Impact Assessment Team and conduct an assessment for construction project successfully.
- Managed to identify possible impacts of the project and develop strategies to minimize negative impacts and to take advantages of positive impacts.
- Assessed and evaluated community social and economic issues at local level and integrate it with macro/national level policies and strategies.